Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Refashion, Upcycle, and Trend

I get bored easily, so sometimes I play with my clothes. Yes, I still play dress up, and I will still be playing dress up when I'm 80. My dad had a few work shirts that he was going to get rid of, but being a newly d.i.y. mood I nabbed them and decided to put my sewing & design skills to the test. It has been a while since I've designed myself some clothes. Besides upcycling/Refashion is the new trend, haven't you heard. 

Upcycling: is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or for better environmental value. (wikipedia)

So anyways, I had 4 shirts and four ideas. This is what I did with 3 of the 4. 

APRON
Old work shirt, leftover green material, and sewing machine

DRESS SHIRT

The Last one I just use as a paint frock! :) YEAH REFASHION

No comments:

Post a Comment