Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Another Dimension


Assignment 4 of 4 for my Sculpture course. I was at wits end trying to come up with ideas for my final project. Saw an old door with a small square cutout and decided to turn it into one of those "playful perspective" pieces. Didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, being bogged down with my Landscape assignments, readings, and essays. However, I got it completed just in time for grading and finished my quarter with an experience I'll never forget. Sculpture class is one of THE BEST courses I took. Too bad the art courses are so difficult to get into. Most of the students in the class half-assed the assignments which irritated me. Why be in an art class if you're not going to make the effort? Easy pass? Shut the front door!

Seriously though, I learned a lot from the T.A., from learning how to weld, and I learned that successful  ideas come from a series of trial and error sketches and miniature models. 


No comments:

Post a Comment