Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Steampunk Cultural Design



Part of a Fashion Studies Course I had to create a visual that illustrates my paper. Challenge: presentation based all on images and design NO WRITING (with the exception of titles and labels)...some students took the easy way out and did a PowerPoint visual. Pffft! Eat my Steampunk shorts! 

I have long since been curious about Steampunk culture since Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century became a popular cartoon. Don't know what I'm talking about?...check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI1XbB3gs2M
The idea of past meets the future technology, fashion, and what not is super fascinating. There may have been other cartoons and what not that caught my attention, but I mainly remember this cartoon. 
Now I present to you my design for my folder of Steampunk Culture Research!!

Washers, plastic cd shield, string, coffee, various small metal pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment